October 7, 2009

The Truth About Antibacterial Soaps



With flu season on the horizon and the talk of a new vaccine for the Swine Flu (H1N1), I thought this topic was appropriate. Is anti-bacterial soap truly the best way to keep hands clean and germ-free or is the good old soap and hot water enough? What about that infamous ingredient calld triclosan. What do we really know about it? It's time to find  out!

I was inspired to post about this topic after visiting one of my favorite decorating blogs called Young House Love, which often post on green products and solutions. Since they have taken the time to write a informative post on the topic, I thought, why re-invent the wheel?

Here is the link to learn the truth about antibacterial soaps and how they affect you and the environment. You might be surprised at what you learn!

One of my favorite soap brands is called Pure & Natural. They have four great fragrances and I can easily pick them up from Target. They are often on sale there and I find coupons for them too, so I can usually buy them for under $2. Another great options include Dr. Bronner's pure castile soap.

Do you use antibacterial soaps? Will you continue to? What is your favorite brand of natural, non antibacterial soap?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you. Comments brighten our day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails